Tuesday 10 June 2014

Aubergine

I'm back!! I haven't been very active lately, sorry about that. For some reason I just haven't had the mood for computering in the last times. I have often been thinking about posting something new. But when I get back from work I always end up doing something else like some sport or taking in the sun on our terrace. There as luckily been plenty of sun in the past few days :D What could be better that temperatures rising over +30 degrees celsius! 

Soon we are off to holidays and afterwards I will for sure have loads to tell and report. Italy and Finland, here we come. See ya later!


The best eggplant dip
2 eggplants, well grilled
olive oil / canola oil
salt and pepper
1 spicy chili (it's up to you how spicy aou want it)
1-2 cloves of garlic
lime or lemon juice
fresh coriander

Some photos to show you how to make the best dip ever: Grill some eggplants, which have been pricked with a fork...

...until they are super soft.

Peel them and let them sit in a sieve for some 10 minutes to get rid of that excess liquid. It doesn't matter if there are some small pieces of peel left

Puree in an food processor or in a stand mixer with the spices and some olive/canola oil and it's ready. I eat this dip with pretty much everything: on the bread, with pasta, with chips...

An addition to my herb garden: Ysop (Hyssop, Iisoppi)

Another addition: Borretsch (Borage, Kurkkuyrtti/Rohtopurasruoho)

I also decided to plant rhubarb

No comments: